Hello Spring!! Asparagus is in season right now, and since it’s my first time having it this year I decided to let it be the star of the show. It’s always great roasted with just a little olive oil, coarse salt, cracked black pepper, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. So simple, yet so delicious!
Here’s a Tip: Hold one stalk of asparagus and snap the woody end off at the bottom near the cut side. Wherever it snaps naturally is where you should then cut the rest of the bunch. Save the ends and use them for soup stock.
Roasted Asparagus with Olive Oil and Lemon
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 17-25 mins
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody stems removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 of a whole lemon, cut into 2 wedges
- 1/8-1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place asparagus in a large resealable bag. Pour olive oil over the asparagus then add salt (to taste) and pepper. Seal the bag and shake until coated evenly with the olive oil. Place asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet; Bake about 12-20 minutes, or until desired tenderness is reached.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges.