I think I fall more in love each time I eat this.
It’s got a great spicy “kick” to it – thanks to the cayenne pepper and canned jalapeno’s. If you take a little sample while it’s simmering in the pot you might think it’s too much heat…
But wait until you sprinkle some jack cheese on top!
Oh, for the love of cheese.
It really tones down the heat and makes this a perfectly seasoned bowl of soup. You’ll want to eat tons and tons of this stuff, and I won’t even try to stop you!
So what do y’all think of my photos lately? I recently switched from my spec lens to what they call a “nifty fifty” lens. It’s taking some getting used to, but I really do think it takes better photos than my old lens… even if I’m not entirely sure how to use it! I really like how these photos came out, and I’m also really proud of my recent Apples and Peanut Butter photos, too!
Anyway… eat this soup and stay warm!
Do you want to improve your food photography?
Check out the eBook that helped me!
Recipe slightly adapted from All Recipes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 2-3 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 3 (15-ounce) cans white beans, juices strained
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded, for serving
- green onion, chopped, for serving (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Slowly cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until tender. Mix in garlic, jalapeno peppers, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano, and cayenne. Continue to cook and stir the mixture for another 2 minutes. Mix in the chicken broth, chicken, and white beans. Simmer for 15 minutes to combine flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowls. Top with a small handful of cheese and sprinkle with green onions, if desired, and serve immediately.
You may also like: