23 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. Monet
    Monet October 5, 2012 at 5:38 pm | | Reply

I adore sauerkraut…and I want to learn to make my own. But until then, I’ll pick up a jar and make this for friends. What a satisfying recipe! Thank you for sharing…and whetting my appetite for dinner. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2. Jamie G
    Jamie G October 7, 2012 at 8:09 am | | Reply

I love sauerkraut. I get the kind without the caraway seeds. I agree with Monet, I want to make my own sauerkraut someday. It is on my growing list of things I want to try to make myself.

3. Bill
    Bill October 7, 2012 at 2:26 pm | | Reply

Truth be told, I was in charge of starting the crock pot before leaving for work, and I set it on high instead of low. It still tasted good, but Rachael didn’t deem it blogworthy. So she ended up making a second batch. The blog’s loss was my gain and I have been enjoying the leftovers for days now. I like it with spicy brown mustard on a slice of pumpernickel. Yum!

4. Betty
    Betty October 7, 2012 at 4:07 pm | | Reply

I love it. Love it with pork, love it with brats. I even like it plain.
    This looks like a great recipe!

5. kristy @ the wicked noodle
    kristy @ the wicked noodle October 8, 2012 at 3:22 pm | | Reply

I adore sauerkraut! What a perfect meal for Oktoberfest!

6. Julia | JuliasAlbum.com
    Julia | JuliasAlbum.com October 8, 2012 at 4:38 pm | | Reply

This looks delicious! I need to make myself cook more with sauerkraut. It is such a great ingredient.

7. cquek
    cquek October 9, 2012 at 9:44 am | | Reply

OMG – simply gorgeous. Your styling is exquisite…!

8. cquek
    cquek October 9, 2012 at 9:46 am | | Reply

omg i would love to try it

9. Nancy/SpicieFoodie
    Nancy/SpicieFoodie October 10, 2012 at 4:59 pm | | Reply

This Mexican girl loves-loves German food. Rachel you’ve made my mouth water so much. Thanks for sharing it looks scrumptious!

10. Nicole
    Nicole October 11, 2012 at 9:49 am | | Reply

That recipe looks like something my hubs would LOVE.

11. Amy (Savory Moments)
    Amy (Savory Moments) October 13, 2012 at 7:08 am | | Reply

We love German food and especially sauerkraut! This looks delicious and a perfect way to celebrate Oktoberfest! Yum!

12. Matt
    Matt October 15, 2012 at 4:26 pm | | Reply

Great site and post, Rachael. My wife and I love this time of year because it’s perfect Crock Pot weather. I’m also enthusiastic about any recipe that works in beer.

13. Kristen @ The Endless Meal
    Kristen @ The Endless Meal October 16, 2012 at 8:00 pm | | Reply

I haven’t tried sauerkraut in years but this recipe makes me want to give it another chance :)

14. katie
    katie October 20, 2012 at 10:59 am | | Reply

Yes please! This looks amazing. I’m all for crock pot recipes–especially in the fall!

15. Nancy/SpicieFoodie
    Nancy/SpicieFoodie October 7, 2013 at 10:33 am | | Reply

This is my kind of comfort meal during the autumn. Great recipe, thanks for sharing!

16. Michelle
    Michelle October 8, 2013 at 2:44 pm | | Reply

I’d like to invite you to join our site http://www.easyrecipes.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to Easy Recipes will too.
    By joining Easy Recipes, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it. Simply visit http://www.easyrecipes.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!