14 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. Betty
    Betty June 19, 2012 at 2:56 pm | | Reply

I have been waiting for this one. Cant wait to try it. I don’t have a food processor though so what could I use.

1. Primm
      Primm June 21, 2012 at 8:08 pm | | Reply

Whisk and metal bowl work just fine, along with some hard work. It takes a bit longer to incorporate the egg and oil, but if you keep whisking it turns out just the same.

2. Dom
    Dom June 26, 2012 at 7:35 pm | | Reply

How long will this keep for? I am assuming about a week?… Can’t wait to give it a go!

3. samara
    samara September 4, 2012 at 10:29 pm | | Reply

can we substitute canola for any other oil?

4. Miranda
    Miranda September 24, 2012 at 8:10 pm | | Reply

I’ve never thought to make my own mayo but my husband has decided to be on a health kick of late. So I’m going to give it a try.

5. Kim
    Kim September 30, 2012 at 12:52 pm | | Reply

We have been on hunt for soy free foods (husband is allergic to soy) and found most brand name mayo’s are made w/soy bean oil (not to mention how much soy is in our other foods and we don’t know it). I made your recipe and in fact doubled it. It turned out great, I did add a little more lemon juice and added some salt. It tastes wonderful. Thank you very much for posting this recipe.

6. Nancy
    Nancy March 18, 2013 at 8:46 pm | | Reply

Can I use egg whites instead of a whole egg for cholesterol free.
    Tks
    Nggilles

1. ava
      ava July 2, 2013 at 5:21 pm | | Reply

Hello Nancy,
      I just seen your post asking about using only egg whites. Mayonnaise is an emulsion of oil in lemon juice that has been stabilized by the molecule lecithin found in the egg yolks. So long story short ” No” You must have the yolk :)

7. Kristi G.
    Kristi G. October 4, 2013 at 3:44 pm | | Reply

Gonna try this, found a recipe that calls for canola mayo as a recipe. And I’m moving toward cooking more. Thanks!

8. JP
    JP May 31, 2014 at 11:33 pm | | Reply

Not sure what I did wrong; followed recipe exactly, ended up with a THIN consistency…almost like a vinaigrette. Any pointers?