If you’re looking for a good way to get your 4th of July on, this will definitely do the trick!
This drink is so BOMB… literally.
It’s crazy strong but super refreshing. We took these drinks outside and enjoyed ourselves much more than we normally would in the Midwest heat.
It really does taste just like a bomb pop, but alcohol makes everything better!
I love this drink, and I’m pretty sure I could drink it all day if I had to (and you never know… there could be some sort of life or death situation where that might happen).
I’m definitely going to set aside some time to blend
up a batch of these blissful frozen drinks for our 4th of July guests.
If you plan on drinking more than one of these, be sure to have a DD!
Bill and I hope you have a super fun, safe, and happy 4th!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4-6 cups ice
- 4 ounces blue raspberry vodka
- 3 ounces cherry vodka
- To make a simple syrup, combine sugar and water and heat in a small saucepan until sugar dissolves. Cool completely in refrigerator.
- In a blender add clear vodka, lime juice, 2 ounces simple syrup, and 1½ cups of ice; blend on high until it reaches a “slush like” consistency, adding more ice if necessary. Pour into a container and place in the freezer. Next, in the blender add blue raspberry vodka, 2 ounces simple syrup, and 1½ cups of ice; blend on high until desired consistency is reached, and pour into a container and place in freezer. Then, in the blender add cherry vodka, 2 ounces simple syrup, and 1½ cups of ice; blend until desired consistency is reached and place into a container and place in freezer.
- Let chill in freezer until ready to use.
- To “assemble” drink layers, spoon some of the blue in the bottom of a glass, then white, then red on top.
You may also like:
Have you ever thought about being a food blogger?
Click here to read “Behind the Scenes of a New Food Blogger”