Do you want to know why I’m so happy right now??
Ummm, because I’m eating pita chips with hummus, which apparently is cause for celebration.
I’m tickled pink with how they came out, and can’t wait for Bill to try them!
Rachael+Bill= Pita chip love
My first batch wasn’t too great yesterday. I baked them at too high of a temp, but I’m glad I tried again because now they’re crazy perfect.
Isn’t there a saying that goes… if the second time you don’t succeed, then you should just stop trying because it’s not going to happen for you? I don’t know, but I love my pita chips and hope you do, too!
Bill and I ate the whole batch while he was home during his lunch break today. I think he ate more than me.
Let’s never speak of this again.
You may also like:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 whole wheat pita pockets
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a large mixing bowl stir together oil, granulated garlic, basil, salt, and pepper.
- With a knife, carefully split open and separate each pita to make 8 pieces. Stack them all up on top of each other and cut into fourths, making four wedges. Transfer chips to mixing bowl and toss well with a spoon to coat. Spread out on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.