This cheesecake is so light and refreshing for summertime. Not to mention, it’s way healthier than the classic ‘New York Style Cheesecake’ because it doesn’t have crust or flour in the recipe. For example, that type could have anywhere from 500-800 calories per serving, and ours has only 274 calories.
That pretty much seals the deal for me!
I decided to use all organic ingredients (besides the cream cheese), which makes it even better for you!
It’s kind of ridiculous how fast you can whip up this cheesecake. After you taste it you’ll be thinking, wow, that’s all I had to do, and it’s that yummy?!
I guess some cream cheese and a little sugar and vanilla speaks for itself in this recipe!
As a child, this is what I always asked Grandma to make for my birthday, instead of a traditional birthday cake. It still happens to be my favorite dessert, and it’s tied to a lot of good memories for me as well.
Now it’s my go-to dessert that I make for my friends birthdays, or just when I need a quick dessert to bring to a BBQ party.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (leave sitting out at room temperature for no longer than 2 hours)
- ⅔ cup organic cane sugar, plus 3 tablespoons
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 cup low-fat organic sour cream
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With an electric hand mixer, smooth together cream cheese, ⅔ cup sugar, and eggs in a large bowl. Pour filling into a 9-inch glass pie plate and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden and set in the middle. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together sour cream, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, and vanilla and spread on top of cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
You may also like: