Spicy and Smoky Baked Chickpeas
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 35 mins
Total: 45 mins
- 1 (29-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- pinch Volcano Dust, or to taste (optional)
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Drain and Rinse the chickpeas. Dry on two paper towels or a clean hand towel.
- In a large bowl combine oil, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, Volcano Dust, salt, and pepper. Add chickpeas and gently toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread them out in a single layer. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and shake the tray to toss. Return to oven and bake for an extra 15-20 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Transfer to a bowl for serving. Best when eaten immediately.
Adapted from Claire Robinson’s Spicy Baked Chickpeas